Anaemia refers to the reduction of haemoglobin in the blood. It is caused by either a decrease in production of red blood cells or destruction of red blood cells e.g. due to bleeding. Because of loss of haemoglobin adequate oxygen supply is not done to the body’s tissues. Anaemia can be temporary or long term&can range from mild to severe.
In Ayurveda it is called as Panduroga.
- Swelling around eyes
- Appear pale
- Shortness of breath on exertion
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits&vegetables.
- Problems like bleeding piles or excessive menstruation should be attended immediately.
- Avoid spicy, fried foods.
- Non veg items should not be consumed.
- Excessive exertion should be avoided.
- Have 2-3 dates early morning regularly.
- Boil half cup of spinach in a cup of water to make a soup. Have this twice a day. Spices like cinnamon can be added.
- One pomegranate a day keeps Anaemia away.
- Eating one banana daily also helps to overcome Anaemia.
- Amla 1 raw fruit juice mixed with honey early morning daily helps.