It is also known as ‘Shwas’ roga in Ayurved. It is a disease of respiratory system in which there is an obstruction in the flow of the air in the lungs. This results in difficulty in breathing. There is an increased secretion of ‘Kapha’ inside the bronchial tubes.
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pressure
- Maintain a healthy wt.
- Exercise regularly
- Consume antioxidants like Vit. C rich fruits&veg – e.g. Oranges, Grapes, Sweet lime etc.
- Drink warm water regularly.
- Avoid foods that trigger the asthma attack.
- If stress triggers asthma then breathing exercise or yoga may help. So avoid stress.
- Avoid refrigerated drinks.
- Avoid deep fried foods. Avoid processed foods.
- Avoid polluted areas.
- Have half tsf of dry ginger powder with one tsf of honey twice or thrice a day after meals with warm water.
- Have half tsf of turmeric powder mixed with half tsf of Cinnamon powder with half glass of warm water.
- Boil Tulsi (Basil) leaves&Cumin seeds in water&then inhale the stream.