It is a general term for a group of GI disorders characterized by inflammation of the intestines. It can be caused by a number of infectious agents ranging from viruses&bacteria to protozoa¶sitic worms. It may also result from chemical irritation of the intestines. Patient suffering from dysentery experience mild to severe abd. Pain or stomach cramps and feeling of incomplete defecation. Ayurveda describes this disease as Pravahika.
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent passage of stool or diarrhea
- Rectal pain
- Weight loss
- Feeling of incomplete emptying
- Always drink warm water.
- Drink enough fluids.
- Eat low fiber foods.
- Avoid spicy, fried foods, non-veg.
- Don’t consume milk or highly seasoned foods.
- Have ginger juice or dry ginger powder with warm water twice a day.
- Bael fruit/ Wood apple pulp and same amount jiggery to be mixed and given with warm water thrice a day.
- Small pieces of onion mixed withcurd to be taken 4-5 times daily.