ISCHAEMIC HEART DISEASE
Coronary Heart disease, also known as IHD is the leading cause of death worldwide. It affects more men than women. IHD is the term that describes what happens when your heart’s blood supply is blocked or interrupted by heart’s blood supply is blocked or interrupted by fatty substances in the coronary arteries. This process is known as atherosclerosis. IHD is a group of diseases that includes angina, myocardial infarction&sudden death. Risk factors include smoking, excessive alcohol, diabetes, High blood pressure.
Heart diseases (Hridroga) is described in Ayurved. There are 5 types of Hridroga which have been classified on the basis of doshas.
- Chest pain, Dyspnoea on exertion
- Conduction defects in heart
- Congestive cardiac failure
- Weight control is must.
- Exercise regularly
- Stop smoking
- A diet rich in fruits&vegetables decreases the risk of IHD.
- Have vegetarian diet.
- Control blood sugar levels.
- Avoid meat, cold foods, consumption of trans fats.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle, mental stress.
- Eat 1 or 2 freshly crushed garlic cloves daily on a regular basis.
- Use turmeric regularly in cooking. Or 1 tsf turmeric powder mixed with half tsf honey can be taken after both
- the meals regularly.
- Have half tsf of dalchini (Cinamon) powder with warm water every morning on a regular basis.