Piles (Haemorrhoids) are swollen blood vessels of the rectum. Sometime they swell so much that the vein walls are irritated while defecation and bleeding happens. There are two types, external and internal. Straining during motions is the main cause of piles.
- Pain at anus while defecation
- Bleeding after motions
- Itching around anus
- Swelling at anus
- Increase dietary fibre to help in easy bowel movements
- Daily exercise
- Drink adequate water
- Good hygiene should be maintained.
- Straining during bowel movement
- Spicy food
- Fatty food
- Irregular meal timings
- Excessive sitting at one place
- Sit for half an hour in a tub of warm water, this will give relief in pain
- Apply cows ghee at the site of pain in cases of fissure.
- Daily intake of esabgol, salads containing cucumber, sprouts; fruits like banana, chiku etc helps in cases of anal disorders.