It is a non-contagious skin condition that causes rapid skin cell reproduction resulting in thickened, scaly skin. The skin cells reproduce (multiply) upto 10 times faster than normal. Psoriasis can also be associated with psoriatic arthritis which leads to pain&swelling in the joints.
According to Ayurved it is called as kushtha where Vata&Pitta dosha are vitiated.
- Dry skin, cracked skin with silvery scales.
- Itching or burning sensation
- Emotional distress
- Recurrent dandruff on scalp
- Maintain Hygiene.
- Have freshly prepared food.
- Do get some sun.
- Avoid stale foods, bakery foods, dairy products, fish, curds.
- Avoid smoking & alcohol intake.
- Avoid stress.
- Don’t control natural urges like urination, bowels etc.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
- Don’t give up treatment.
- Try not to scratch.
- Keep Neem leavessoaked in a bucket of warm water. Have bath by this water.
- Have 1 tsf of turmeric daily morning with warm water.
- Ayurveda suggests Panchkarma is this type of disease.