A condition in which the cavities around the nasal passages become inflamed. Normally this cavities (sinuses) are filled with air. Conditions that cause sinus blockage are common cold, allergic rhinitis, nasal polyps or a deviated septum. It is known as Pinas in Ayurved. Sinusitis may attack people of any age&sex.
- Thick nasal mucus
- A plugged nose
- Pain in the face
- Sometimes fever
- A pressurized or heavy head
- Bad breath (Halitosis)
- Occassionally facial swelling
- Use a vaporizer or steam inhalation at night.
- Have 2 soaked almonds everyday.
- Undertake moderate exercise.
- Have freshly prepared warm food.
- Avoid aerated cold drinks
- Avoid swimming
- Refrain from air travelling during infection.
- Avoid stale food.
- Avoid dust by using a mask to cover your mouth&nose.
- Have plenty of ginger.
- Take a bowl of boiled hot water and add a teaspoon of salt or mint leaves. Inhale the vapour twice a day.
- Make a habit of having 1 teaspoon of honey everyday.
- Try to take herbal teas such as Tulsi tea, ginger tea, cinnamon tea.
- For severe headache mix dry ginger powder in plain water and apply the paste on forehead. Gives quick relief.